Holiday Sleep Tips
Now that winter is officially upon us, the holidays will be here in a hot minute. For some of us this season inspires warm fuzzy feelings of taking care of loved ones and cozying up to the fire with a warm (shameless product plug) Downlinens.com throw.
And for the rest of us, this season drives us to drink. If you happen to fall into the latter camp, don’t worry we’ve got your back. Keep in mind that when you do imbibe that while alcohol can help you fall asleep, it doesn’t necessarily help you stay asleep. In fact, studies have shown it can disrupt your sleep cycles. Making the sleep you do get less of the restorative variety, and when you don’t get your beauty sleep it isn’t pretty. Here are some tips to keep you sitting, and sleeping, pretty through the holiday season:
- Since alcohol, tends to dry you from the inside out, the more hydration the better. Before you have your drink, take a fish oil supplement or a B12 complex vitamin. This will give you a hydration boost to offset the drying effects of the alcohol. You will look more refreshed than the rest of your drinking partners come morning.
- To prevent puffiness add an extra Downlinens.com pillow (another shameless product plug). The extra height will prevent fluid retention and promote lymphatic drainage.
- I will go ahead and state the obvious here, clean your face before you turn in, no matter how tempting it is to skip it. Applying a hydrating night cream or serum before hitting the pillow will help you look your best in the morning.
- Speaking of your pillow, try a satin pillow case (coming soon to Downlinens.com) which has been reported to help stave off the early onset of wrinkles.
- In the morning try and caffeinate, your face that is. Try placing warm green teabags over your eyes for a couple minutes. The enzymes in the tea counteract dark circles and inflammation.
- Lastly oversized sunglasses will hide a multitude of sins. Invest in a good pair.
Happy Holidays from the Downlinens.com team!